Vacancy - Biologist/Operations Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Biologist Operations Team Leader for the Tweed Foundation (TF), based in The Scottish Borders, South Scotland.
The Tweed Foundation is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee and works closely with the River Tweed Commission (RTC) the statutory body responsible for the Tweed District - to promote the development of fish stocks in the Tweed River System.
The Tweed Foundation works to advance, for public benefit, environmental protection and improvement by conserving and enhancing all species of freshwater fish and their environments in the waters of the Tweed & Eye Fisheries District. It does this through the study and monitoring of aquatic ecosystems, including their fauna, flora and economic or social activity, leading to the, protection, conservation, rehabilitation and improvement of aquatic environments that fish depend upon. It also seeks to advance the development of the conservation and management of fish and fishery resources, water quality, environmental conservation, education and participation in sporting or recreational activities in connection with these resources.
Whilst much of The Tweed Foundation’s work is focussed on Atlantic Salmon and Trout, it has a remit which covers all freshwater fish in the Tweed, including Lamprey and Eel.
The Team Leader will manage all operational aspects of The Tweed Foundation’s work on Salmon, Trout and Grayling, and to take part in work on all other species, as required.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• To liaise with the Senior Biologist on the Annual Work Programme
• To coordinate the Weekly Work Programme
• To liaise with the Head Fishery Officer on catchment management
• To work with other organisations as appropriate
• To manage data, its storage and analysis for the purposes of providing information in support of fisheries management
• To ensure that all scientific work carried out by and in the name of the Tweed Foundation, and for which responsibility is accorded to this post, is to a high standard in both design and execution.
Further details regarding the role can be found in the Job Description here.
Applications, including Curriculum Vitae and covering letter, should be submitted to the Director, Jamie Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 3rd Dec 2021.
Interviews will be held between the 20th and 24th December.